Tips for New Homeowners (What You Want To Know Wednesdays)
- Change the locks – You have no way of knowing who really has a key to your house.
- Check for plumbing leaks – Your home inspector should catch any leaks – but it never hurts to double check.
- Steam clean the carpets – Before you move in furniture, steam clean the carpets. You will not only have a fresh new start in your new home, you will have fresh carpet!
- Pest control - Make sure you don’t have any uninvited guests. There are several DIY solutions for pest control, or you can acquire professional services.
- Breaker box and main water valve – get acquainted with their location before you need to use them. It’s a good idea to figure out which fuse controls what part of your house. Make sure to label accordingly.