Homestyle Energy Program Expansion
Mountain West is excited about the expansion of the Fannie Mae HomeStyle Energy Mortgage to include purchases as well as the existing refinance option. Borrowers can look to Mountain West for purchasing or refinancing a home while making important energy upgrades to increase home energy efficiency and reduce utility costs. Borrowers can finance up to 95% of the home’s value and up to 15% of the “as completed” appraised value of the home for energy-efficient upgrades into one loan. This option may be a more affordable financing solution than a subordinate lien, home equity line of credit, Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) loan, or unsecured loan. An energy report showing the cost-effectiveness is required for this financing with the exception of weatherization or water-efficient improvements of $3,500 or less.
- Choose the home of your dreams. You no longer have to overlook charming older homes or those that are simply dated just because they need energy and water system upgrades
- Save on energy costs.
- Make the home more comfortable.
Energy Improvement Examples
Help make the home efficient and comfortable with:
- Replace window and doors
- Improve insulation – attic and wall
- Install water-efficient toilet and shower
- Seal cracks and weather-strip around doors and windows
- Installation of low flow or on demand water devices such as low flow showerheads
- Replace HVAC and/or hot water heater
- Duct sealing and replacement
- Solar panels
- Smart thermostats and equipment controls
- Replace and reseal air ducts